The Push Sports Thumb Brace stabilises and protects the middle thumb joint (MCP-1) and offers relief in case of persisting pain in the thumb as a result of overstretching or sprain of the thumb (skiing thumb). The other thumb and wrist joints keep their freedom of movement.
Who Should Use This?
• (Partial) rupture of the ulnar collateral ligament MCP-1 (skier's thumb)
• Distortion of MCP-1 joint
• Instability in the MCP-1 joint
How To Apply
1. For initial use only. Place the thumb cap over the thumb, ensuring that the MCP joint fits in the bowl of the thumb cap. Then close the thumb loop diagonally across the cap, ensuring a snug fit, but avoiding any pinching.
2. Slide the thumb cap across the thumb, ensuring the slightly arched thumb fits snugly in the thumb cap.
3. Close the elastic wrist strap at the base of the brace comfortably.
4. Align and fasten the section of the elastic base with the single blue line to the section on the loop with the single blue line. Tighten the elastic fabric comfortably.
5. Wrap the non-elastic strap around the back of the thumb and align and fasten the strap with the two blue lines to the two blue lines on the loop section. Lastly, fasten the yellow tab comfortably on the back of the hand.